The paper describes the problems, opportunities, challenges and developments of rural marketing in India. Rural markets have become integral part of global market. The rural market is becoming more stable as the lifestyle and shopping behavior of consumers are undergoing rapid change and improvement. So, every marketing player is keen to invest in rural markets. Though there is huge potential and substantial growth opportunities in the rural markets, yet there are some challenges too, which caused hurdles in tapping rural markets. This study analyzes the current scenario of rural marketing, highlighting the challenges and developments related to rural marketing.
Rural marketing in India, challenges and opportunities in rural India, developments in rural marketing.
1. Rural marketing – S. Jaideep
2. The challenges and strategies of marketing in rural India by Ms. Suchi k. patel
3. Prospects and problems of Indian rural markets by V.V Devi Prasad kotni
4. Rural marketing: Its definition and development perspective by pratik modi.
5. What is the evolution of rural marketing in India? By Hemish shah – www.quora.com
6. Union budget -2016-2017, “Rural revolution with Bharat budget”- Rural marketing,
7. The changing future of rural marketing in India by Suneel Kumar.